This lesson will describe how to indicate that a shipment has been dispatched in Miranda TMS.
1. Order Status
- When an order is ready to be dispatched, the status of the order is set to Ready to Dispatch. The carrier should be notified of the shipment and the corresponding dispatch forms completed.
- Once the shipment has been successfully dispatched, the order status should be changed to Dispatched.
- Click Save to update the status.
2. Documents & Notes
To add notes or attach documents to the order once its been dispatched, click the Documents & Notes tab.
- Add Document: To attach a document, click the +Add Document button. Select the type of document (or choose Other), then click Next. Drag and drop your file into the attachment window or click to choose a local file from your computer.
- Internal Notes: Can be used to document notes about the order that are meant only for internal users.
- Public Notes: Can be used to document notes that should be shared with external users, such as an InterConnect user or a customer using Customer Portal.
- History: Displays all internal and public notes that have been documented for the order.
- Activity: Displays an audit log of activities that have occurred on the order.
3. Shipment is Picked Up
Once the shipment is picked up from the shipper and taken to the terminal, the order status can be changed to "Picked Up". To change the status:
- Click on the Tracking tab.
- On the pickup status, check the box to indicate the carrier has arrived.
- On the pop-up box, click Change Status to confirm the order's status should be changed to picked up.
- Indicate the actual arrival and actual departure time of the pickup.
- Click Save.
The shipment has now been dispatched. For information on tracking a shipment, see: Track a Shipment.