To create a new order in Miranda InterConnect, follow the steps below:
1. Run and Select a Rate Quote
A new InterConnect order can be created from either a new or saved rate quote.
- For instructions on running and selecting a new rate quote, click here.
- For instructions on reviewing and selecting a saved rate quote, click here.
2. Add Details
Enter the details of the order, including the Customer, Customer Rep, any Special Instructions that are needed for the shipment, and any additional information. Click Create Order when finished.
3. Enter Items
Click the Items & Stops tab and enter the items for the shipment.
To enter the shipment items:
- If you wish to copy items from a previous shipment stored in your customers' history, select the items from the Customer Item History drop-down box.
- Enter the items, including the Outer Quantity, Packaging, Inner Quantity (if desired), Total Weight, Hazmat (check if yes), Length, Width, Height, Stackable (check if yes), Class, Cube, NMFC, Sub, and a Description of the items.
- When finished, click Save.
4. Enter Stops
Next, enter the stops for the shipment.
- In the Pickup section, enter the Address where the shipment will be picked up. You can use the drop down menu to select a previously stored address or click the + icon to add a new address.
- Select the desired Pickup Date.
- Enter any Special Instructions required for the pickup.
- Select any Accessorials that are necessary for the pickup.
- Repeat these steps for the Delivery address, special instructions, and accessorials.
- Click Save to save your changes.
5. Review the Rates and Carrier Details
The Rates tab will display the rates and carrier details, including the Total Revenue, Total COGS, Gross Profit, Profit Margin, and the Carrier Quote, Carrier, Service Level, Delivers On date, and Quote ID.
6. Prepare the Shipment to Tender
Next, you will validate with your customer that the rate is acceptable and send the shipment to your InterConnect representative for dispatch. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Using the Status drop-down menu, select Customer Approval Pending.
- Click Save.
- Once you have validated with your customer that the rate is acceptable, use the Status drop-down menu to select Customer Approved.
- Click Save. This will create a new tab for Shipments.
- Click on the Shipments tab.
7. Tender the Shipment
Next, you will need to send the shipment to your InterConnect Representative to dispatch the load and provide you with a BOL number to give to the carrier.
On the Shipments tab, click on "Not yet tendered".
The Tenders window will display. To send the tender:
- Check the box next to your InterConnect Representatives name.
- Click Email Tender.
- A pop-up box will appear asking you if you wish to dispatch the tender to the selected carrier contacts, click Yes, send it!
- Next, a box will appear asking if you wish to change this order's status to Tendered, click Change Status.
- Close the Tenders window.
- Click Save to save the order.
8. Tender is Reviewed
The order has now been tendered to your InterConnect Representative who will review it and accept or decline the tender. If the tender is accepted, the status of your order will be changed to Tender Accepted by Carrier as seen in the screenshot below.
9. Viewing the BOL
Next your InterConnect Representative will prepare your order for dispatch and generate a BOL. To view and print/download the BOL:
- Click on Orders to open the order grid.
- Double-click on the order to open it.
- Next, click on the Shipments tab.
- Ensure that you have a carrier rep selected using the Rep down-down menu so this can be placed on the BOL.
- Then click View to open the BOL.
To download/print the BOL, click Download as PDF.
10. View Tracking Information
At this point, the shipment will be tracked by your customer representative from Pickup to Delivery and status updates will be provided on the order.
To view the status of the order, open the order and click on the Tracking tab. The status of the order will be updated at the top and the pickup, delays, and delivery information will be updated in the Stops section.
11. View Documents & Notes
In addition, you can review all documents and any notes on the order by clicking the Documents & Notes tab.